Saturday, February 28, 2009
Julia's First Blog
Hi this is from Julia...
Today we are going to church with some friends that we met here in Krasnoyarsk. We have to catch a bus to go to the church and I never thought that I would be catching a bus to go to church in Russia. Yestarday was Saturday and we went to the zoo. It was so, so much fun! We got to see bears, Polar Bears (and that is something you do not get to see very often in America).
We will be home in 19 days and I am sooooooooooo excited to see my soccer team that I really miss a lot...I miss Mackie, Madalyn, Abby, Rachael, Colleen, Brooke, Nat, Katie, Kristen, Rileigh, Madison, Julianna and coach Bill and Ken. We think of Coach Joel often as he prepares to go overseas to protect our country.
I also miss my friends at home and school.
I love my little brother. I cant believe that he said my name and he is soooooooo cute. He sits on my lap and plays with a lot of different toys. Now he feels comfortable with us that he thinks he can do a lot of other things as well. I cant wait to have all of you meet him when he comes home.
Some things that I have leanred on this trip...(Dad is making me do this part)
- I have learned that Krasnoyarsk is double the size of the Lehigh Valley
- I have learned that some people live in really bad houses but they have really nice clothing.
- I have learned that you cant save all of the dogs.
- I have learned to speak a few Russian words like,...ya tvia sistra (i am your sister) and eta ok (its ok) and tebe nuzen toyolet (do you need the tiolet)
- I have learned that Bryce is a fiesty little guy with lots of life and he is already learning our names.
- I have learned some things about black wolves that they mark their territory and it smells like a skunk.
We met a new girl that is adopted by a very nice family and her name is Nastia. She is 10 years old and she does whatever I do and I am glad to have her as a friend.